The draug is a mythical creature, straight from ancient legends of heroes and epic deeds. When the hero enters the burning hells to rescue his beloved, or when he has to avenge his father's death, the draug is often his opponent. Why are poets so keen to cast this monster as the arch-enemy? Well, the draug is a wraith, so it fits any dark story featuring a curse or vengeance from the beyond. There's no telling how what it actually looks like, so its terrifying visage can be described in many ways without risking accusation of confabulation. Furthermore, it is a powerful creature, a prince of the damned, so it makes an ideal villain.
Added to Gwent
[Oct 25, 2016] In Closed Beta's initial build.
- See this subject on The Witcher wiki: Draug
- See this subject on The Witcher wiki: Draug (gwent card) card
- Gwent Update: March 23, 2017 Patch: Draug strength changed from 6 to 7.; Draug ability changed: it now deals 1 damage 7 times to random opposing non-Gold units.
- Gwent Update: Feb 6, 2017 Patch: Will now only destroy enemy's units.; Strength changed from 8 to 6.
- Gwent Update: Nov 15, 2016 Patch: Draug no longer destroys Gold units.