The first mage to create a frightener was the infamous renegade Dagobert Sulla, a diligent student of the Zerrikanian masters of alchemy and the supervisor of the Trial of the Grasses carried out at Kaer Morhen. Upon beholding the abomination he had created, Sulla is said to have cried: 'What have I done?' He destroyed the monster; his notes, however, survived.
Deploy: Move a Unit on another row on this side to this row. Draw the top card from your Deck.
- Note: For accurate card stats, see infobox to the right; the one below is for illustrative purposes only.
- See this subject on The Witcher wiki: Frightener
- See this subject on The Witcher wiki: Frightener (gwent card)
- Gwent Update: Aug 29, 2017 Patch: Frightener Power changed from 10 to 12. General change; Doomed is no longer a tag, but an ability in card's description. Added Agent Tag. Changed Frightener sound effect.
- Gwent Update: June 20, 2017 Patch: Frightener will now pull 1 target Unit to the same row on the opposite side instead of pushing 2 Units.
- Gwent Update: May 24, 2017 Patch: Ability rework; Deploy: Push 2 Adjacent Units to other Rows. Draw the top card from your Deck. Frightener Power changed from 4 to 10. Now Disloyal and Agile (was Siege). Added "Doomed" and "Construct" Tags. Removed "Devourer" Tag.
- Gwent Update: March 23, 2017 Patch: Added "Devourer" Tag.
- Gwent Update: Feb 6, 2017 Patch: Frightener will no longer trigger its ability when there are no cards to consume.
- Gwent Update: Dec 19, 2016 Patch: Frightener's strength changed from 2 to 4. Frightener changed from Melee to Siege row. Frightener's ability changed to the following - Every 2 turns, banish a random non-Gold special card in your graveyard and gain 3 strength.