Ghouls are said to have been humans who were once forced into cannibalism and, after many years spent in dark crypts, underwent a horrifying transformation. Only human flesh can satisfy their eternal evil hunger, so they kill people and store the remains in the recesses of their lairs.
- Note: For accurate card stats, see infobox to the right; the one below is for illustrative purposes only.
- See this subject on The Witcher wiki: Ghoul
- See this subject on The Witcher wiki: Ghoul (gwent card)
- Gwent Update: May 24, 2017 Patch: Added "Necrophage" Tag. Removed "Devourer" Tag. Now Common (was Rare).
- Gwent Update: March 23, 2017 Patch: Added "Devourer" Tag.
- Gwent Update: Nov 15, 2016 Patch: Fixed issue whereby viewing a graveyard from which a Ghoul is currently consuming a unit would desynchronize the game.; A large number of tooltips have been reworded or corrected across all languages (including Torrential Rain, Warcry, Ice Giant, Thunderbolt Potion, and Nekker Warrior).