Witcher lore includes snippets about Nilfgaard's succession following the events of the books and games. In these, takes the throne after , and is followed by Jan Calveit, who begins his rule by releasing and rehabilitating those Voorhis imprisoned for their political views. Less militaristic than Voorhis, Calveit rules as a reforming emperor, enjoying the unwavering admiration of his subjects throughout the entirety of his reign.
Deploy: Look at the top 3 cards in your Deck and play 1.
- Note: For accurate card stats, see infobox to the right; the one below is for illustrative purposes only.
- See this subject on The Witcher wiki: Jan Calveit
- Gwent Update: Aug 29, 2017 Patch: John Calveit Power changed from 3 to 4. Will now be able to play any color card (previously Bronze or Silver). Clarified the tooltip. General change; Doomed and Stubborn are no longer tags, but abilities in card's description. General change; Removed Leader tokens from Leader card preview. Added Officer Tag.
- Gwent Update: July 5, 2017 Patch: John Calveit will not be able to draw Gold cards. Imperial Golems will now be played from your Deck before John Calveit's ability triggers.
- Gwent Update: June 20, 2017 Patch: John Calveit Power changed from 4 to 3. John Calveit's ability will now trigger before Imperial Golems are deployed.
- Gwent Update: May 24, 2017 Patch: Ability rework (resembling old Morvran); Look at the top 3 cards in your Deck. Play 1. The others remain on top. John Calveit Power changed from 0 to 4. Now Agile and Legendary as every other Leader (was Epic). Now obtainable in the "challanges". General change: Added Doomed and Stubborn tags to all Leaders.
- Gwent Update: Feb 20, 2017 Patch: John Calveit's tooltip fixed to mention non-Gold Units.
- Gwent Update: Feb 6, 2017 Patch: Added.