Over a hundred years ago the kayran made its lair near the trading post of Flotsam. The folk of the nearby village call it the Old Man. People have grown used to the monster's presence. Until recently, they even considered harmless. Lately, however, the kayran awoke and now emerges from the water. It has become aggressive: it shatters ships, shreds nets, snatches people from the river banks and pulls them beneath the water. Even the military cannot handle this plague, for the kayran hides in the water, where it is impossible to fight.
- Note: For accurate card stats, see infobox to the right; the one below is for illustrative purposes only.
- See this subject on The Witcher wiki: Kayran
- See this subject on The Witcher wiki: Kayran (gwent card)
- Gwent Update: Sep 5, 2017 Patch: Fixed an issue whereby Kayran did not Boost self by 8 when face down Toruviel was the only target for Consume.
- Gwent Update: Aug 29, 2017 Patch: Kayran Power changed from 8 to 4. Ability rework; Deploy: Consume a Unit with 6 or less Power. If there is no eligible Unit, Boost self by 8.
- Gwent Update: June 20, 2017 Patch: Kayran Power changed from 10 to 8.
- Gwent Update: May 24, 2017 Patch: Kayran Power changed from 8 to 10. Ability rework; Deploy: Consume a Unit from your Hand, then Boost self by an additional 8. Now Agile as every other Gold (was Siege). Added "Insectoid" Tag. Removed "Devourer" Tag.
- Gwent Update: March 23, 2017 Patch: Added "Devourer" Tag.
- Gwent Update: Dec 19, 2016 Patch: Added.