King Bran, former King of the Skellige Isles, lived a long and storied life. When he finally felt decrepitude taking a hold of him, he went into the woods to hunt a bear armed with only a knife – and thus ended his reign. It was remembered as an honorable and respected one, though some complained he preferred raiding to confronting the Isles' long-term problems, and that he let his wife's tongue wag too freely. Some connected the two, claiming Bran sailed out to fight overseas battles to put off dealing with the ones awaiting him at home.
Spawn King Bran
Deploy: Discard up to 3 cards from your Deck and Strengthen all Units among them by 1. Then shuffle your deck.
- Note: For accurate card stats, see infobox to the right; the below is for illustrative purposes only.
- See this subject on The Witcher wiki: Bran an Tuirseach
- See this subject on The Witcher wiki: King Bran (gwent card)
- Gwent Update: June 20, 2017 Patch: Patch: King Bran Power changed from 3 to 4. Fixed an issue with King Bran's carousel displaying the wrong number of cards to discard. First King Bran and Dagon challenges should now launch properly.
- Gwent Update: May 24, 2017 Patch: Patch: King Bran again Strengthens the units he discards by 1. King Bran strength changed from 0 to 3. Now Agile and Legendary as every other Leader. Now obtainable in the "Challanges".
- Gwent Update: March 23, 2017 Patch: King Bran no longer buffs the units he discards.
- Gwent Update: Feb 20, 2017 Patch: King Bran now discards up to 3 cards and adds +1 base value.
- Gwent Update: Feb 7, 2017 Patch: King Bran's buff value changed from 2 to 1.; Fleeting Units should no longer stay in the middle of the board after being discarded by King Bran's ability.
- Gwent Update: Feb 6, 2017 Patch: King Bran's ability changed to: "Discard 2 cards from your deck and add 2 base strength to them."
- Gwent Update: Dec 2, 2016 Patch: King Bran now gives +2 base strength to any units he discards.