The Free City of Novigrad had known no king's rule for nearly two hundred years. Francis Bedlam surely has this fact in mind when he anointed himself the King of Beggars, a title that mocked the pomposity crowned heads while simultaneously stealing a bit of said pomp for itself. Bedlam was a pragmatic man, a trait of great use in his profession, which involved managing a network of thieves, beggars, tramps and street urchins that tricked through every part of the city.
- Note: For accurate card stats, see infobox to the right; the one below is for illustrative purposes only.
- See this subject on The Witcher wiki: Francis Bedlam
- Gwent Update: June 20, 2017 Patch: Added Regressing tag to King of Beggars.
- Gwent Update: May 24, 2017 Patch: Ability rework; Deploy, Brave: Strengthen self enough to tie the Round or to a maximum of 15 base Power. King of Beggars Power changed from 3 to 5. Now Epic as every other Silver (was Legendary).
- Gwent Update: Feb 6, 2017 Patch: King of Beggars' strength changed from 4 to 3.
- Gwent Update: Dec 19, 2016 Patch: Added.