The world of The Witcher is infested with unspeakable horrors, most of which are gathered in the fearsome Monsters faction. They attack in vast numbers that grow into hordes and when brute strength is needed instead, they consume their kin and absorb their strength.
Removed or Faction-swapped
- See this subject on The Witcher wiki: Monsters Gwent deck
- Gwent Update: Dec 19, 2017 Patch: Renamed many cards. Every unit will now be agile. Deathwish abilities no longer trigger at the end of the round. There is now a limit of 9 units per row. The Token category has been added to the game. Tokens are automatically removed from the game on entering the graveyard. Removed Triptych arts.
- Gwent Update: Aug 29, 2017 Patch: Gold cards can now be interacted with by most cards (unless stated otherwise). Changed names of several Monster units; Grave Hag - Mourntart, Water Hag - Abaya, Giant Toad - Toad Prince, Manticore - Imperial Manticore, Earth Elemental - Ifrit. Fiend became a Bronze card and is now known as Morvudd in Silver version. Removed standalone Monsters' Chort. Added lots of new tags; Vodyanoi, Organic, Soldier, Officer, Agent, Double Agent.
- Gwent Update: May 24, 2017 Patch: Several cards that had issues during Closed Beta have been improved.; Faction abilities have been removed from the game.
- Gwent Update: March 23, 2017 Patch: Monsters Faction ability can now only keep Eredin and units played from your hand (meaning it will not keep mustered/spawned/resurrected/etc. units).
- Gwent Update: Feb 6, 2017 Patch: Monsters Faction ability will now keep the last-played non-Gold, non-Fleeting, non-Resilient Monsters or Neutral unit at the end of the round.
- Gwent Update: Dec 2, 2016 Patch: Monsters faction ability no longer targets Resilient units.
- Gwent Update: Nov 15, 2016 Patch: Monsters faction ability no longer keeps Gold units on the battlefield.