Geralt named his every mount Roach, though no one really knows why or what Geralt had in mind with this name. When asked, Geralt would dodge the question or give an evasive answer. Perhaps this had just been the first word that came to his head? Roach, for her part, seemed to accept the name with no reservations.
Whenever you play a Gold Unit from your Hand, play Roach from your Deck on a random row.
- Note: For accurate card stats, see infobox to the right; the one below is for illustrative purposes only.
- See this subject on The Witcher wiki: Roach
- Gwent Update: July 5, 2017 Patch: Roach will now be summoned before Gold card abilities are resolved.
- Gwent Update: June 20, 2017 Patch: Roach Power changed from 5 to 4. Roach will now only be played from your Deck when you play a Gold Unit from your Hand.
- Gwent Update: May 24, 2017 Patch: Roach Strength changed from 3 to 5. Roach won't get summoned from the Graveyard anymore. Now Epic as every other Silver (was Legendary). Added "Beast" Tag.
- Gwent Update: March 23, 2017 Patch: Roach is now summoned before Kayran's ability is resolved.; Fixed an issue whereby Lock wasn't visible in the graveyard and Olgierd and Roach would ignore the Lock.
- Gwent Update: Feb 20, 2017 Patch: Fixed an issue with Roach and Foglet not coming back on the board when previously locked.
- Gwent Update: Dec 2, 2016 Patch: Roach is no longer played from your hand when a Gold card is played. Roach is only played when her owner plays a Gold card.
- Gwent Update: Nov 15, 2016 Patch: Roach is now played correctly when a card is converted to Gold.